A website that connects and engages, through imagery and interactivity.
Essington International School
The Essington International School Darwin’s new website aims to attract new family enrolments, as well as acts as a communication portal for current parents and students.
The Essington International School Darwin is a private school that has been educating the Darwin Community since 1989. To coincide with their Thirty Year Anniversary Celebrations the Essington School contracted Captovate to build a new website with mobile responsive functionality and bold imagery.
Captovate were given four main objectives:
- Create a fresh website using their updated brand.
- Create a front facing marketing element to attract new families.
- Cater for existing student and family requirements with a communications focussed portal.
- Write all of the content for the website, in consultation with the various team leaders.
Information Architecture (IA) and Design
The approach was to commence by determining the IA for the site with the purpose and user experience at the forefront of our decision making. We considered – what does someone who is thinking of sending their child to the school want to know? How do current parents received communications about everyday activities?
Underpinning all marketing and communications approaches lies content. Many website builds use existing web content, and this is known as a website migration. A complete content re-write is an undertaking that requires more planning and consultation.
Our content writer met individually with key leadership staff at the Essington School to gather information targeted at fitting the site structure. These discussions were transcribed and adapted to suit the design of the website.
The content aimed to be:
- Snackable – succinct with visual indicators to break-up text
- Emotive – through infographics, video and photographic imagery
- Ethos focused – to reflect the school culture and sense of community
- Marketing focused – to attract prospective parents
- A communications tool – for current parents and students
- Unique – by eliciting the points of difference for the school.
The site has a strong visual appeal. The audience is welcomed with an emotive video, telling the brand story of the School as a whole. The site is then segmented into the various year levels, with the content detailing the academic, social and emotional focus for each age grouping. The end goal for the prospective family is a strong call to action, encouraging them to attend a school tour, and ultimately enrol.
A visually appealing website promoting the academic success, wellbeing services and sense of community within the school.
A new website with entirely new content brings the site into the modern day and is a great way for the school to mark their 30th year anniversary.
number of Images used across the site
hours of consultations with staff to develop content
increase in site traffic.